What are dental veneers?
Want to change the appearance of your teeth and smile? Veneers are a popular and instant smile makeover treatment!
Made with a thin, tooth-colored material, veneers act as a shell that goes over your existing tooth. Veneers bond to the front of the teeth to improve the length, size, color, or shape of your smile.
At Smiles on Hudson, our dental veneers are custom-made to correct the unique tooth imperfection or issue you want to correct. Book now to reserve a consultation.
Dental veneers available at our office
Porcelain minimal-prep veneers
Porcelain minimal-prep veneers are highly durable and a permanent veneer solution. This type of veneer requires more preparation of the tooth before the veneer can be placed.
Some of the reasons our patients choose minimal-prep veneers include:
- 5Long-lasting and highly durable
- 5A permanent transformation
- 5Resistant to staining
- 5Great for teeth with severe damage
No-prep veneers can be placed directly without preparing the tooth first. Many of our patients prefer no-prep veneers for the following reasons:
- 5A lower-cost option
- 5No local anesthetic is needed for placement
- 5Semi-reversible, so you can change your mind and have them removed
- 5Placement is fast and easy
Veneers can cover and correct:
- Worn or chipped teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Teeth that are stained or yellowing
- Unevenly spaced teeth
- Gapped teeth
Am I a good candidate for veneers?
Veneer teeth can be a great cosmetic solution for those who want to correct one or more cosmetic issues, but who have otherwise healthy teeth and gums. Good oral health ensures the teeth can properly hold the veneers and that the results will be beautiful and long lasting.
What to expect from dental veneers
- 1. The first step to any dental treatment is a consultation. This includes x-rays if needed and an oral exam to identify any dental health problems.
- 2. We’ll discuss dental veneer options, including timing and budget considerations.
- 3. Your veneers will be custom made to ensure a beautiful, natural smile.
- 4. If tooth preparation is needed, we’ll ensure you’re comfortable before removing some or all of the tooth’s enamel to make room for the veneer to fit into place.
- 5. We’ll place your custom-made veneers on your teeth and ensure you love the results.
All your dental veneers questions, answered
Is it painful to get veneers?
Patient comfort is our top priority. We ensure you’re relaxed and comfortable throughout your veneer treatment. Some patients experience some temporary mild soreness after getting veneers, but it’s easily managed with over-the-counter pain medications.
How do I care for my veneers?
Daily care for your dental veneers is much the same as caring for natural teeth. Brushing them twice daily, flossing daily, and visiting the dentist at least two times per year are some of the basic care requirements. It’s also a good idea to avoid eating hard foods or using your teeth to open packages or bottles. This will prevent damage to the veneers and make them last longer.
How long do dental veneers last?
Depending on the type of veneer you choose and with proper care, patients often see their veneers last anywhere from 7-13 years.
Enjoy your time at the dentist
You’ll feel at ease in our open and inviting office with comfy patient chairs.
Patients rave about our amazing team of assistants and hygienists!
We only recommend the treatments you need and want what’s best for you.
We accept checks, cash, credit cards, and some dental insurances.
“From the time you walk in, you feel comfortable and welcomed. Dr. Gold explains in detail any procedure he’s going to do. I can’t say enough good things.”
Get Started Today
We look forward to welcoming you to our office and providing quality care.
Our Croton-on-Hudson dental office
2018 Albany Post Road
Croton-On-Hudson, NY 10520