What are All-On-Four implants?
That’s where full mouth dental implants become extremely beneficial. This restorative dentistry technique allows several teeth – a full arch of teeth, in fact – to be placed on up to 6 (and as few as 4) individual implants.
Should you replacing missing teeth?
When you avoid replacing large amounts of missing teeth, it not only impacts your self- confidence, but aslo your ability to continue eating, chewing, and even speaking normally. Missing teeth also change the way your face is shaped and harm the health of your jaw bone.
Your jaw bone is stimulated as it anchors your teeth, so when teeth are missing for a long period of time, the bone begins to “resorb,” or deteriorate. This happens because the body thinks this bone is now unnecessary and unused.
Furthermore, when you have a significant number of teeth missing, your face shape is significantly altered. Many people feel that the appearance of their face is older when they have missing teeth.
Benefits of All-On-4 dental implants vs. dentures
- 5Don’t need to be removed at night
- 5Won’t fall out or shift at embarrassing times
- 5Can be cleaned with the same cleaning methods as natural teeth
- 5Maintain the health of your jawbone similarly to natural teeth
What to expect: Croton-on-Hudson All-On-4 implants
- 1. The initial consultation involves a comprehensive oral exam, digital scan, CBCT, and any needed xrays to confirm the patient is a good All-On-4 candidate.
- 2. We’ll work with you and an oral surgeon to plan your care and ensure proper placement of your implants.
- 3. Once your implants are placed and given time to heal, we’ll invite you to our office to design your implant-supported denture.
- 4. A customized arch is created for your mouth and the final prosthesis is attached once the mouth has fully healed. A temporary prosthesis may be used during the interim.
All your All-On-Four implant questions, answered
How long do All-On-4 dental implants last?
Who is a candidate for implant-supported dentures?
We’ll help you understand if this missing teeth solution is right for you. In general, candidates of all-on-4 implants should…
- Be missing multiple teeth (or need to have multiple teeth extracted)
- Be otherwise in good health
- Have good jawbone density
- Not be a smoker, as this affects your ability to heal
How should I care for my All-On-4 implants?
The great thing about All-On-Four implants is that their care routine will be similar to that of natural teeth. The goal in caring for your prosthesis is to keep food debris and bacteria at bay. Caring for All-On-Fours includes:
- Brushing twice per day
- Flossing at least once per day, but preferably after each meal
- Keeping the tongue and cheeks clean and free of food particles
- Rinsing the mouth periodically with antibacterial mouthwash
- Visiting the dentist regularly for exams and cleanings
Enjoy your time at the dentist
You’ll feel at ease in our open and inviting office with comfy patient chairs.
Patients rave about our amazing team of assistants and hygienists!
We only recommend the treatments you need and want what’s best for you.
We accept checks, cash, credit cards, and some dental insurances.
Meet your dental service providers
Dr. Robert Gold & Dr. Demetra Malamatenios provide good, honest care. Their Croton-on-Hudson dental services start with comprehensive patient education and are backed by a commitment to the best possible results.
“From the time you walk in, you feel comfortable and welcomed. Dr. Gold explains in detail any procedure he’s going to do. I can’t say enough good things.”
Get Started Today
We look forward to welcoming you to our office and providing quality care.
Our Croton-on-Hudson dental office
2018 Albany Post Road
Croton-On-Hudson, NY 10520