What are teeth aligners and how do they work?
Invisalign is the most trusted type of clear aligners, which are also known as clear braces or invisible braces. These devices are a more inconspicuous method than traditional braces for fixing misaligned teeth and correcting bites. A convenient and flexible alternative to braces, clear aligners are removable, mostly invisible trays that are placed over the teeth to align and straighten them.
Plastic aligning trays are custom-made for each patient and are designed to move teeth gradually into alignment. Periodically, the plastic trays are replaced by altered versions that keep the teeth moving more and more into position as time goes on.
Teeth aligners can address a variety of cosmetic dental issues, and are best used to correct:
- Crowding and overlapping of teeth
- Underbites, overbites, and open bites
- Gaps between teeth
Clear aligners vs. braces for teeth straightening
- 5More comfortable to wear
- 5Removable functionality (they just need to be worn 22 hours per day)
- 5Faster than braces in some cases where misalignment is mild
- 5More affordable than braces in some cases
How we help
The benefits of in-office vs. at-home teeth aligners
While at-home teeth aligner kits have gained popularity, these products are best for mild cases of misalignment. In fact, visiting a clear aligners dentist is the safest route for any misalignment correction for a few reasons:
- You’ll get a proper diagnosis from a professional dentist and dental imaging scans.
- You’ll prevent harmful bite issues that could result in improper use of teeth aligners.
- Unsatisfactory results with at-home aligners leads to additional visits to the dentist, so you could save money in the long run.
What to expect: Croton-on-Hudson clear aligners
- 1. The initial consultation involves an oral exam, digital scan, CBCT, and any needed xrays.
- 2. Teeth impressions are made and a treatment plan is determined.
- 3. Aligner trays are custom-made and you’ll begin wearing your clear aligners.
- 4. Aligner trays are swapped out every 1 to 3 weeks, depending on your established treatment plan.
All your invisible braces questions, answered
Is Invisalign the best clear aligner brand?
What happens if you don’t wear Invisalign 22 hours a day?
How do I maintain my alignment after I finish my Invisalign treatment?
Enjoy your time at the dentist
You’ll feel at ease in our open and inviting office with comfy patient chairs.
Patients rave about our amazing team of assistants and hygienists!
We only recommend the treatments you need and want what’s best for you.
We accept checks, cash, credit cards, and some dental insurances.
Meet your dental service providers
Dr. Robert Gold & Dr. Demetra Malamatenios provide good, honest care. Their Croton-on-Hudson dental services start with comprehensive patient education and are backed by a commitment to the best possible results.
“From the time you walk in, you feel comfortable and welcomed. Dr. Gold explains in detail any procedure he’s going to do. I can’t say enough good things.”
Get Started Today
We look forward to welcoming you to our office and providing quality care.
Our Croton-on-Hudson dental office
2018 Albany Post Road
Croton-On-Hudson, NY 10520